SMA Alumni Scholarship
Eligibility and Requirements
Any student who has been accepted by an accredited 4 or 2 year institution of higher learning is eligible to apply. Reapplications from former non-awardees are not being accepted at this time. Reapplication from former awardees is being considered by the selection committee so please check back with us for future updates.
- Applicants must strictly adhere to the June 1 application deadline.
- All external supporting documentation listed on the application (including transcripts and two letters of recommendation) must be submitted.
- A cover letter requesting consideration for a scholarship and espousing what the words Truth, Duty, and Honor mean to the applicant must be submitted. This letter should provide examples of how those credos have played a part in the applicant’s life.
- The applicant must provide a copy of the letter of acceptance from the institution of higher learning which the applicant will attend.
- Should you be awarded a Scholarship, a picture and Biography must be received before monies can be dispersed. We will request this at the time you are notified of your award.
Requirements for consideration for additional year of funding (up to three additional years):
The applicant must provide a written request for each year enclosing a transcript from the school the applicant is attending which shows a grade point average of no less than 3.0, on a scale of 1 – 4.0 or a B average for a different scale.
Scholarship selection process:
The scholarship recipients will be selected based on the merits of their application by a Scholarship Selection Committee. The selection decisions will be announced by July 1.